Are You Prepared?
Know your Enemy and Know your Risks
Are you hoping someday soon, America will go back to the productive days of years past? Are you hoping real estate prices will recover? Are you hoping legislators will resolve the debt issue? Are you waiting for the days that the 6 wars we are in globally will be over? Are you waiting for the value of the dollar to recover? Do you see a time when food prices will go down?
You will keep waiting…..and hoping…..the only person you can count on is…..YOURSELF
Below are some questions that only you can answer. The questions are to provoke thought and action for your successful survival.
1. Do you have enough balanced food stored for at least 6 months?
2. Do you have enough water or nutritional fluids stored for at least 6 months?
3. Do you have a well stocked first aid supply complete with prescription(s) as needed?
4. Have you taken a first aid class or have certification?
5. Do you have a method of self defense and have skills at those methods?
6. Do you have a communications plan in place that is outside the scope of the internet, land line phones or cell phones?
7. How long can you live off the power grid?
8. Do you have a garden or pots available to grow vegetables?
9. What provisions have you made to exist without running water?
10. Do you have alternate fuel sources?
11. So you have cash put away for emergencies outside of a bank?
12. Do you have enough warm clothes?
13. Have you made provisions for your children?
14. Do you have a ‘bugout’ bag for each member of your family?
15. Do you have enough fuel for vehicles, cooking or power?
16. Do you have a generator?
17. Do you have trust in neighbors or friends for confidence of support or aid?
18. Do you have a hand crank radio?
19. Do you have flash lights, hand cranked, candles, or batteries?
20. Do you know what vegetation is safe to eat?
21. Do you know what a snare is or how to trap wildlife or fish?
22. Have you had a recent medical and dental check-up?
23. Are you in good enough physical condition to hike 5-10 miles a day carrying 30 pounds?
24. Do you have a list of emergency procedures for your home and family that everyone is aware of?
25. Do you have a supply of personal hygiene items for emergencies for 6 months?
26. Do you have a small set of tools that you can keep handy?
27. Do you know how to treat water for drinking?
28. Do you have a plan to take care of pets?
29. Do you have a supply of disinfectants or sanitizers?
30. Do you have a large supply of paper products like toilet paper, paper plates, and plastic utensils?
31. Do you have maps/topography documents for your area?
32. Do you have an evacuation plan or rally point?
33. Do you have whistles or a bullhorn to get attention?
34. Have you done any role playing for countless conditions or scenarios?
35. Do you have outside sleeping gear and protection?
36. Do you have a fire starting kit?
37. Do you have sun and insect protection?
38. Do you have a supply of vitamins in the case of bad nutrition?
39. Do you understand a balanced diet and know how to read nutrition labels for food storage?
40. Do you have a small solar power source?
41. Do you have a supply of exam or latex gloves?
42. Do you know what to do with human waste?
43. Do you have legal documents in order and more than one copy that are notarized?
44. Do you have walkie talkies or a more sophisticated communication system?
45. Do you have a safe room, vault or safe inside and outside?
46. Do you know to keep all your operational security a secret except from those that are MOST trusted?
47. Do you have a taser, stun gun, pepper spray or tear gas for additional defense?
48. Do you have footwear that is comfortable for walking very long distances?
49. Do you have a bicycle to get around if vehicles or gas is not available?
50. Do you have items in your home for trade or bartering?
There are hundreds of books, videos and websites that will demonstrate how to address these 50 questions and more. Waiting until the last minute will not be prudent. Being self reliant and self serving is having confidence for security and safety. All of this will take time, money and energy, so it is smart to start now. In 6 months time, you should be able to address each of these questions and more with sureness and then you should invite a close confidant to do the same. The government is not in a position to help all of us and it is not smart to rely on anyone else for the safety and security of yourself and your family.