The Department of Justice is headed by Eric Holder, the United States Attorney General, which is a position confirmed by the Senate. The USAG is also a member of the President’s Cabinet. The annual operating budget for the DoJ is $27.7 Billion dollars and has an estimate employment level of 112,000 positions. The DoJ has several departments that include Anti-trust, Civil, Civil Rights, Criminal, Environmental, Justice Management, National Security and Tax. Additionally, under the DoJ roof is the U.S. Marshall Service, FBI, Bureau of Prisons, Alcohol, Tobacco and Fire Arms, Drug Enforcement Agency and the Office of Inspector Generals. For the most part and to complete the list is Immigration, Police and Law Enforcement, Legislative Affairs, Pardons, Tribal Justice, Sexual Violence, Foreign Claims and Interpol.
There are position levels of the Federal government that require FBI background checks. There are many questions regarding this procedure. Who is required to have a background check? Who decides what parts of the background are to be investigated? Who gets a pass and who does not? Questions include those relating to ‘good moral character’ and risks to ‘national security’.
After some research, it is confounding how Eric Holder could possibly pass an FBI background check or was his ownership of a law license enough?
Let us review some facts of Holder’s background together. Other than the most recent revelations of Holder’s involvement in Solyndra and Fast and Furious, below are some forgotten details regarding Holder’s experience and associations.
1. Under Bill Clinton, Holder was a member of the Pardon committee that gave a green light to Marc Rich of which, Holder admits was an error in judgment. Lawyers are paid to not make mistakes. Lawyers pay particular attention to detail.
2. In a speech in 1998 before the Judiciary Committee in a joint hearing with Janet Reno regarding drug cartels, weapons, and money laundering, it is clear, Holder has a long and deep knowledge of narco-terrorism
3. Holder asked for clemency on 16 FALN (Puerto Rico terror organization) members which resulted in a reduced prison sentence.
4. Holder is a Director of the Eugene & Agnes E. Meyer Foundation that includes funding from such groups and the Tides Foundation and ACORN.
5. The AG refused to investigate ACORN
6. Holder is a supporter of Muslim Advocates as proven in this speech
7. Holder is a Board Member of the American Constitution Society, which is funded by George Soros, the Streisand Foundation and the Ford Foundation. Holder has a close friend among others, named Peter Rubin, who is a founding member of the American Constitution Society of which Janet Reno is also an advising member. The ACS is left wing organization.
8. Holder represented Jose Padilla, also known as Abdullah al-Muhajir, an Islamist that provided material support to Al Qaeda and was leading a dirty bomb plot against the United States.
9. The AG gave a speech in February of 2009 stating that ‘America is a nation of cowards’ regarding racial issues. Yet, Holder won a judgment against the New Black Panthers Party, lead by Malik Zulu Shabazz and chose to drop the case. Even more revealing and according to the White House visitor records, Shabazz visited the private residence at the White House two months after Holder dropped the case.
10. Holder vacated the sentence against Ted Stevens, who was found guilty of many counts of Federal corruption where he took monetary gifts building his personal wealth. He was later killed in a plane crash.
11. Holder admitted under testimony that he had not read the Arizona immigration bill SB 1070, while filing a law suit against Arizona.
12. Holder is also vigorously working to re-institute the expired ‘Assault Weapons Ban’.
13. Eric Holder has yet another close friend, Reid Weingarten, who advised Holder during his confirmation hearings, advised Holder during the pardon of Marc Rich and Weingarten is the lawyer for Roman Polanski.
14. Holder said he did not need a court order to remove Elian Gonzalez from his home. Holder also said the boy was not removed at gun point and in the next sentence, he said that the armed agents acted very sensitively.
15. He released Marilyn Buck, a Marxist and SDS member that was serving an 80 year sentence for a Brinks robbery, the 1983 U.S. Senate bombing and assisting Assata Skakur escape from prison.
16. Holder represented Rod Blagojevich in the Illinois gambling casino case.
17. Holder masterminded the pardoned for Susan Rosenberg, a co-conspirator in the Weather Underground.
18. The AG represented Chiquita Brands International that paid United Self Defense Forces of Columbia, a State Department listed terror organization that killed an estimated 4000 banana farmers. Dole and Del Monte both paid the same group and Nancy Pelosi had a financial interest in Del Monte.
19. Another close friend of Holder is Lanny Breuer, lawyer for Clinton during his impeachment, lawyer representing Freddie Mac, partner at Covington and Burling and head of the ATF, authorizing the wiretaps for Fast and Furious.
20. While the FBI has severed all contact with CAIR, Holder accepts invitation to deliver a speech.
Providing sworn testimony during a Congressional hearing on Fast and Furious, Holder says he only had knowledge of this case for a few weeks. The fact is, he had knowledge in 2010, yet he also had knowledge as early as 2009, as did Hillary Clinton and Janet Napolitano.
“Attorney General Eric Holder at the Mexico/United States Arms Trafficking Conference
CUERNAVACA, MEXICO ~ Thursday, April 2, 2009
Remarks as prepared for delivery.
First, let me express my thanks to Attorney General Medina Mora and Secretary of Government Gomez Mont for making this conference possible.
This is my first trip to another country as Attorney General. I wanted to come to Mexico to deliver a single message: We stand shoulder-to-shoulder with you in this fight against the narcotics cartels. The United States shares responsibility for this problem and we will take responsibility by joining our Mexican counterparts in every step of this fight.
And, together, we will win – thanks in large part to the courage of my Mexican colleagues here today, who are on the front lines every day, and with whom I am proud to collaborate.
The topic that has been addressed over the past two days could not be more important – the development of an arms trafficking prosecution and enforcement strategy on both sides of the border.
I would like to thank the Mexican and U.S. experts who have worked so hard on this issue. On our side, Secretary Napolitano and I are committed to putting the resources in place to increase our attack on arms trafficking into Mexico.
Last week, our administration launched a major new effort to break the backs of the cartels. My department is committing 100 new ATF personnel to the Southwest border in the next 100 days to supplement our ongoing Project Gunrunner, DEA is adding 16 new positions on the border, as well as mobile enforcement teams, and the FBI is creating a new intelligence group focusing on kidnapping and extortion. DHS is making similar commitments, as Secretary Napolitano will detail.
But as today’s conference has emphasized, the problem of arms trafficking will not be stopped at the border alone. Rather, as our experts emphasized, this is a problem that must be met as part of a comprehensive attack against the cartels – an attack in depth, on both sides of the border, that focuses on the leadership and assets of the cartel. This is the type of full-bore, prosecution-driven approach that the U.S. Department of Justice took to dismantle La Cosa Nostra – once the most powerful organized crime group operating in the United States.
With partners like those we have here today, I am confident that together, we will defeat these narcotics cartels in exactly the same way. I am proud to stand with you, and to join you in this fight. Thank you again for inviting me here.”
Quiero que el pueblo Mexicano sepa que mi nación está con ustedes en la lucha contra los narcotraficantes.
México y los Estados Unidos comparten mas que una frontera—compartimos cultura, sangre e intereses comunes. Somos hermanos unidos contra una batalla que ganaremos.
Tenemos que aprender de uno a otro, trabajar juntos y luchar juntos. Si hacemos estas cosas, si nos dedicamos juntos a esta lucha, no tengo duda que tendremos éxito.
Hillary Clinton’s role and responsibility in Fast and Furious starts here.
The White House endorsed Project Gunrunner and used Stimulus Funds to pay for the program. Hillary Clinton’s State Department is responsible for enforcing the Export Arms Control Act, so it with is logic that the FBI, ATF, and the DoJ would enlist the approval of the State Department to move weapons illegally across the border to Mexico. Those in Congress agree as demonstrated in this letter to Mrs. Clinton: it is also important to note that the State Department runs a separate department named U.S. Direct Commercial Sales. Why is this important? Under the Direct Commercial Sales program, the U.S. State Department regulates and licenses businesses to sell weapons and defense services and training for export. In 2009 alone and according to U.S. statistics, the program was used to provide Mexico $416.5 million worth of weapons and equipment, including military-grade weaponry. We also know the cartels have hired away thousands of Mexican military personnel to join their ranks.
Another program called Project Castaway was a carbon copy of Operation Fast and Furious. From the Examiner:
‘On 21 September, 2010, A. Brian Albritton, United States Attorney for the Middle District of Florida issued a press release on Operation Castaway:
United States Attorney A. Brian Albritton, Virginia O’Brien, Special Agent in Charge of central and northern Florida Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) operations, and Susan McCormick, Special Agent in Charge, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Homeland Security Investigations, Tampa Field Office announce the initial results of Operation Castaway, an intensive and wide-ranging Organized Crime and Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF) firearms trafficking investigation conducted by ATF, ICE, the Orange County Sheriff’s Office, the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office, the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office, and the Miami-Dade Police Department. ATF describes Operation Castaway as the most significant firearms trafficking investigation in Central Florida history.
According to court documents, a group of defendants connected to Hugh Crumpler, III, were involved in a major international gun trafficking operation. . . . Firearms like those involved in this investigation are often smuggled through Honduras and other Central and South American countries before being used in violent crimes in Mexico and other countries in the region. A number of the firearms trafficked by the defendants in Operation Castaway have been linked to violent crimes around the world.’
So, in summary, there are a few other connections and facts to make. In 2009, Eric Holder admitted before a House Judiciary Committee that water-boarding is not illegal, because the act is not performed with the objective of imposing any kind of harm. Holder however was on a witch hunt of the CIA operatives who took part in the prisoner interrogation teams. The conclusion here is Holder offered a shallow threat for the sake of the International Criminal Court, putting the argument of water-boarding, which is maybe or maybe not torture to debate on behalf of international law.
The Center for Constitutional Rights has received large sums of donations from left-wing organizations as revealed above. There are in fact a few more donors that must be included. They list Teresa and John Kerry, Susan Sarandon, Pete Seeger, Noam Chomsky and Isabel Hiss, the wife of the Russia spy, Alger Hiss. CCR has also benefited from millions of dollars in donations from liberal law firms across the country that has been applied to pro-bono legal assistance for Gitmo detainees. The annual report for Covington and Burling demonstrates large support for CCR and includes more than 3000 hours of legal aid for Gitmo detainees. Looking deeper into Covington and Burling, you will find partnerships with Michael Ratner and Lanny Breuer. CCR was also an additional source of the legal team for the benefit of FALN, the Puerto Rican terrorist group. FALN was found guilty of bank robbery, use of explosives and as many as 130 bombings.
We cannot omit yet another law firm, named Wilmer and Hale. David Ogden comes from Wilmer and Hale as Ogden owned a high profile job in the Obama White House and as the Deputy Attorney General. Why is Wilmer Hale important? This firm filed Habeas petitions on behalf of Guantanamo detainees and is part of the Global Justice Initiatives. The operative word is global, hence diminished the very foundation of the U.S. Constitution. What is even more concerning is, these and more law firms cannot prosecute cases with Gitmo associations due to the fact they were previous legal counsel and must recues themselves, but did they and is it a matter of record?
The matter of Eric Holder and his history goes beyond Fast and Furious, beyond the New Black Panthers Party and beyond the Defense of Marriage Act. He has a history that was neither questioned nor sun-lighted by the FBI, the Judiciary Committee or the Senate. Holder is part of the ‘kill list’ team that approves terrorists to be killed rather than captured and tried. This has for the most part shut down the work of the CIA to gather intelligence with questioning so that our military can make solid and proactive decisions on fighting these wars.
The story of Eric Holder has a beginning but it seems to have no end, while the middle chapters demonstrate he cannot represent our nation’s best interest. How can this man lead a department with such a sizeable staff and budget that is to represent the people of America, all the while protect our National Security when his history is contrary to our best interests?