Ten Years and Counting
America is approaching the ten year mark of the attack on our homeland. Four domestic airliners were used as missiles that struck key targets, while one of the four was over-taken by patriot passengers and crashed into a pasture.
It has been long debated as to why this tragic event happened and that debate does not alter what happened that sad day. The point to drive home now is where is America then years later?
America has not had a like attack since 9-11; however, there have been countless attempts. Major Hassan, the Ft. Hood murderer was the largest killing of innocent people since 9-11.
World War II lasted six years and the defeat of Hitler actually took less than four years. America is ten years into a handful of wars fighting a broad definition and long list of enemies. America has changed her whole game after 9-11 with objectives, communications, technology, weapons, intelligence and essentially lack of strategy; yet we see no closure of the war on terror in the future. The end of terrorism is still yet a debate for another day, but what about that which Americans must endure at home as a consequence of 9-11?
Here is a short list of what is now different in America and should provoke thought.
1. TSA, body scanners/illegal searches
2. Government use of SWAT for home invasion
3. Tea Party
6. Arab Spring
9. Record foreclosures
10. Massive Debt/spending, this is interesting since much wasteful spending is due to throwing money at war/terrorism
11. Patriot Act
12. 9-11 scars that have and have not faded
14. Embedded media
15. No fly list
16. Growing list of terrorists
18. Importing enemy/refugees and many now on Federal payroll
19. FISA court
20. Massive intelligence community upgrades/worldwide intercepts
21. Failed banks, Fannie/Freddie
22. Bailouts of private corporations/banks/manufacturers/etc.
23. Iron Dome
25. Internet bases communications systems
27. No more Saddam
30. Open borders
In closing, it is submitted that the U.S. government is not serious about ending terror, take the lead again in military might and restoring friendships around the globe. Why, might you ask? Corruption and feeding the Federal Reserve are the reasons. The bottom line is, our World Trade Center after ten long years still has no life, the message to the world is are feeble and without resolve, and the American people suffer from lack will and focus by our government leadership.
America, where are you ten years later? God Bless our military, for we should be fulfilling our duty as citizens to provide a strong and vibrant America, when, our soldiers do come home.